Are you searching for the most simple, easy, and cost-effective ways to enhance your smile?
Professional teeth whitening lies at the forefront of the cosmetic dentistry as it plays a crucial role in complementing the aesthetic appearance of your smile. What you need to do is to follow some easy-to-do tips that help you in keeping your teeth shining whiter forever.
Some of you may face the problem of gum or tooth sensitivity with professional teeth whitening. In this case, it is best to speak with your dentist, who can provide you with the best option that suits your requirement.
Different Layers Of Tooth
The teeth whitening process makes you look younger and special leaving an everlasting impression on all aspects of your life. It is considered as one of the most affordable and non-confronting options that is the least invasive way to improve your smile.
Your teeth consist of three layers:
- Outer coating called white enamel.
- The yellowish colour substance beneath your teeth enamel called dentin.
- The living part of teeth containing blood vessels and nerves called the pulp.
The main objective of the teeth whitening procedure is to break down stain or discolouration of your teeth to give them a healthy and brighter look. How far the teeth whitening process is successful depends on the factors that are responsible for causing stain or discolouration.
How effective the Teeth Whitening Process Is?
Teeth whitening provides a wide range of teeth whitening treatments and each method is known for different degree of effectiveness and permanency. Your dentist will examine the condition of your teeth and decide the whitening process that is best suitable for your teeth.
However, the outcome may not be the same for everyone as everyone’s teeth and oral health are different. Some people may achieve the whiteness result several shades brighter than the colour of their existing teeth while others may achieve one or two shades white colour than the colour of their existing teeth.
Types of Teeth Whitening Method
There are mainly two types of teeth whitening procedures, which are generally popular among dental patients. They are:
- In Chair Teeth Whitening
- Zoom Laser Treatment
- Take-home Teeth Whitening
In-Chair Teeth Whitening
In-chair teeth whitening provides a safe, quick, and efficient method of professional teeth whitening. The dentist cleans your teeth first removing all the stains and debris. He then applies a special gel and curing light to clean your teeth. In-chair professional teeth whitening lasts longer and allows you to walk out of your dentist’s clinic with a brighter and whiter smile in an hour’s time. You may be recommended by your dentist to do a minor touch-up treatment after one or two years to maintain the whiteness of your teeth for a long time.
Zoom Laser Treatment
You need to visit your dentist for zoom laser treatment process as this is one of popular forms of in-chair teeth whitening process. This treatment option is known for providing eight shades whiter teeth in less than an hour time. Some of the specialities of zoom laser treatment may be summed up as below:
- The zoom laser treatment is a clinically proven technique that takes an hour time to give you eight shades whiter teeth.
- This is safer and more cost-effective method than any other laser activated whitening methods available in the market.
- You can opt for more sittings for achieving whiter and brighter teeth until it fulfils your expectations.
- This method helps to activate the hydrogen peroxide present in the formulated whitening gel that is applied to your tooth. It helps to penetrate the surface of the tooth and increases the gel effectiveness by 26% or more. This helps in increasing the whiteness of teeth by up to eight shades.
- At-home kits are provided at the end of the process, which consists of post-whitening care instructions to make your teeth look brighter than they were before.
Take-home Teeth Whitening
First, your dentist will examine the condition of your teeth and gum. Then he will fit you with a customised whitening tray and gel that can be applied from home. You can comfortably wear this whitening tray with ease for a specified time of usually two to four weeks. At the end of this period, you can achieve a brighter shade of white teeth.
Generally, the teeth whitening kits are easy to use, cost-effective, and known to produce faster results than some of the other teeth whitening techniques.